We've Been Nominated For The Liebster Award!
We're so excited and honoured to have been nominated not once, but twice for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is an online blog award given to new and upcoming bloggers who are doing great things. It's a fantastic way to show support for new bloggers, help promote them and get to know the person behind the blog a little better.
We were first nominated by Cassie from Cass Travels back in January. I know, I know, it has taken me way too long to respond! But better late than never right? Cass Travels is a travel blog by Cassie, an expat living in London who also has a love of skiing. A self confessed foodie, Cassie writes about her exploits around London and Europe.
Our second nomination (which prompted me to finally get onto this post) comes from Juliette & John from Snorkels To Snow. Juliette & John are fellow snow addicts from New Zealand, currently living in Fiji. When they aren't in the snow, they are out scuba diving. We love their sense of adventure!
HOW THE LIEBSTER NOMINATION WORKS
The idea of the Liebster blog award is to reciprocate and share the love so that new blogs can be discovered. There are rules on how to pass on the award and several variations of these, so I have just provided guidelines instead. The end result is the same! Here are the guidelines:
- Answer the questions about yourself that your nominating blogger chooses for you.
- Nominate new blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
- Make sure you include the logo, the guidelines and links to whoever nominated you.
LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINEE QUESTIONS
QUESTIONS From Cass Travels
1. If time and money weren't a consideration, where would you go?
Wow, that is a tough question because we want to go EVERYWHERE! Right now, I would say that it would be Alaska. Alaska is a beast of a place - it's true wilderness. We see Alaska in all of the ski and snowboard movies and feel like we just have to snowboard there one day. I think it would challenge us both physically and mentally.
2. What's your best 'you'll never believe what happened.... ' travel story?
We were travelling through Spain with my sister in law and her husband and we came upon a little town called Requena. We wanted to see the underground wine cellars they were known for but had arrived on a Monday and everything was closed. As we sat there wondering what to do, a man walking his dog started chatting to us. He spoke very little english but enough to communicate and before we knew it, he had taken us to his friends house who was building an underground cellar. Then we ended up at his house for coffee and schnapps! Experiences like that are priceless.
3. What do you have planned for 2016?
We've just returned to Australia after a 9 month trip throughout the US and Canada. We're off to a snowboard camp in New Zealand in a few weeks to learn some freestyle skills and we're also thinking that we might just move to New Zealand for a little while next year!
4. What would you choose for your last meal?
Seafood! And lots of it.
5. When you're not blogging, what are you up to?
You mean there's other stuff to do? Just kidding. I try to keep fit by doing interval training, CrossFit and yoga. Mick and I like to get outdoors so depending on where we are, we'll go for a hike or explore the local area. And then there's Netflix, I love Netflix!
6. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
To have super human strength. It would make life much easier at the airport.
7. What's your spirit animal?
8. What was the last thing you cooked?
Chicken breast stuffed with pesto, wrapped in bacon with roasted vegetables.
9. Where are you now?
10. What is your favourite place in the world?
Another tough one, I don't like to play favourites! But Spain is definitely up there. The people are amazing, the food is delicious and there are places to go snowboarding.
11. Beach, city or mountains?
Mountains of course!
QUESTIONS from snorkels to snow
1. What was the inspiration for your blog?
It started out as a way to document our travels and keep our memories for years to come. When we started building it we realised it could be so much more. It could be a way to inspire others to travel, find new adventures and enrich their lives.
2. What is the greatest piece of advice you have been given about blogging?
Be authentic. Be you.
3. Which activity is number one on your bucket list?
Heli skiing in Alaska!
4. What one goal do you hope to have achieved by December 2016?
Be able to play one song on a guitar. This will be my 3rd attempt at learning. 3rd time lucky?
5. What has been your biggest lesson about blogging? Which living famous person would you invite to dinner and why?
Being a blogger is not as easy as it seems. There is so much thought that goes into a good blog post/website and thankfully there is a massive amount of support available. I'm learning every day. I'd love to have dinner with Richard Branson. Aside from being totally inspirational, I love his innovation and the way he thinks outside the box. Plus I think he'd be a good laugh.
6. Tell us something we don’t know about you.
I love tattoos and watching UFC.
7. What has been the greatest opportunity as a result of your blog?
Connecting with travellers and snow lovers.
8. What destination in the world has been the biggest eye-opener for you?
Europe. It was my first real travel destination as an adult. It opened my eyes to the fact that there is a massive world out there, filled with different cultures, different languages, different ways of doing things and different ways of thinking. I had fun and experiences that I never would have dreamed of. I was hooked after that. I had the travel bug and I knew that travel would have to be a big part of my life.
9. Who are you nominating for the Liebster Award?
Watch this space! I'll be posting up my nominations soon.
Do any of my answers resonate with you? Or surprise you? Let me know in the comments below!
Save this on Pinterest! Just hover over the image below and click the Pin It Button.